Talk about torque.
Pinch roll reducers use one worm on the power input shaft to turn two gears simultaneously, in opposite rotations. Pinch roll reducers are designed for applications such as cold-roll forming, tube mills and wire mills, where very high torque is needed to smoothly propel metal through high pressure mill rollers. Water cooling with finned O.D. tubing is available for sizes D40 through D240. Fan cooling is available for limited sizes. An oil circulation pump may be mounted and driven directly from the blind end of a single extended input shaft for size D40 through D240.
- Case Sizes (center distance-inch) : 2-15
- Standard Reduction Stages: Single, double
- Interface: Inch or metric
- Output Torque: Up to 480,646 (54,310 Nm)
- Gear Ratios: Up to 4,900:1; unequal ratio available
- Input Options: Solid shaft, Nema interface
- Output Shaft Options: Solid, hollow